Disturb The Universe Magazine publishes twice weekly, typically Tuesdays and Fridays.
The following guidelines are current as of 27 October 2023.
ALL OF THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES MUST BE MET, WHERE APPLICABLE.
1. Up to three poems, one short story (under 3000 words), or two pieces of flash fiction (under 500 words each) per submission. All writing MUST have a title. I don't publish author pics, however, if you have an image or artwork to complement your submission(s), you may include it. You must either own the copyright or ensure it is royalty-free.
2. If submitting work as an image, do not include the name of the publication on the image.
3. All text must be submitted in 12-point Times New Roman. Stories must be single-spaced, with a blank line between paragraphs.
4. All poetry and story submissions must be in a .doc or .docx file OR in the body of the email. If you have a specific format for your work, send it in a file, and note that in your email. Note that nontraditional formatting is a challenge for this space.
5. Your name MUST be in the file name.
6. Include a short third-person bio in the body of your email every time you submit work, even if it is the same as last time. You are welcome to include a URL or form of contact. Keep your bio under 50-65 words, not including URL or form of contact. I reserve the right to edit bios down to 65 words or less.
7. No simultaneous submissions.
8. No previously published work.
9. Email your submission to disturbtheuniversemagazine (at) gmail (dot) com with the subject line: Magazine Submission From (your name).
10. Turnaround time for acceptance/rejection should be within 60 days. If longer than that, feel free to inquire.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please have your work proofed and print-ready when submitting. I may fix a typo here and there; however, I have little time and no interest in editing work outside of what I do for my job.